CDM is currently seeking applicants for the fellowship(s) listed below. Fellows would join a dynamic team supporting the transnational migrant workers’ rights movement. Fellows will work closely with CDM’s Legal Director and staff in all aspects of our work on behalf of migrant workers. Fellows would be located in either Mexico City or Baltimore, MD.
Please click on each fellowship title to download the corresponding announcement.
Please apply by August 31, 2015 by sending a cover letter, current resume, and a list of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org; Attn: Elizabeth Mauldin.
- Conduct extensive intake and follow-up interviews with clients and potential clients;
- Conduct legal research and represent clients directly under the supervision of CDM’s legal director;
- Participate in CDM´s policy campaigns under the supervision of CDM’s policy director;
- Participate in outreach and conduct “know-your-rights” trainings for migrants in their home communities before they leave for the U.S.;
- Collaborate with partner organizations in Mexico and the U.S.
- Speak and write Spanish proficiently;
- Be able to work well on a team;
- Possess strong communication, analytical, and research and writing skills;
- Be able to work with people from diverse backgrounds;
- Have a strong interest in protecting the rights of workers, immigrants or other low-income individuals;
- Have experience or interest in employment or immigration law, including relevant coursework, internships, and/or employment.
CDM is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from people with diverse backgrounds and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.